Entering into dialogue with our stakeholders allows us to establish a clear picture of their information requirements and interests, and to foster mutual awareness and understanding.
We count as our stakeholders those groups and individuals significantly impacted by our activities or that can impact our organizational strategy. This has resulted in the selection of stakeholders in the chart in this section.
Dialogue and impact
The dialogue with our stakeholders about our mutual needs and interests is one of the cornerstones of our CSR policy. We opt for a combination of formal and informal dialogue, with varying frequency.
Boskalis is involved in a large number of cross-sectoral partnerships, with the main ones being:
- The Ecoshape Foundation, a partnership with government authorities, research institutes, private bodies and an NGO, which has led Boskalis to invest EUR 3,250,000 over the past seven years in the Building with Nature program. (See also chapter
- Partnerships with Van Voorden, Vosta, Allard and Magotteaux involving the establishment of cradle-to-cradle program for worn out impellers, dredging pumps and pickpoints, and the recycling of more than 2.7 million kilos of material. (See also Case:
- Partnership with Van Beelen for the recycling worn dredging pipes. (See also chapter
- Partnership with SkyNRG for biodiesel for our truck fleet in the.Netherlands. (See also chapter
- Partnership with SeaNRG, a SkyNRG sister institute, which we launched in early 2015. SeaNRG is working on the development of a ‘drop-in’ biofuel for shipping that is expected to comply with stringent sustainability requirements. We have the intention to conduct a pilot project together.
- Partnership with a yard in Mexico, Ensenada, contributing knowledge through intensive collaboration so that the yard can.comply with our requirements relating to the sustainable dismantling of our vessels. The shipbreaking platform was also invited and inspected the dismantling activities in December 2014 (see also chapter Case:
Sustainable ship dismantling.)
- Partnership with NGO The North Sea Foundation, in which we are the main sponsor, in the Boskalis Beach Cleanup Tour
(see also chapter Investments in society).
- In addition, we have been involved in a range of partnerships with educational institutions, research institutes and suppliers, and there is local collaboration with NGOs in countries including Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa.
Added to My report
add to My report